opinion on 99 convertible please

As I posted I sold my 96 lt4 today. I absolutely loved it. Compared to my 93 convertible, the 96 was hugely better. As I am sure I will find my 96 coupe compared to a c5 any year.

I went to look at a local car today. Unfortunately, the battery was dead. Normally that would have turned me off, buy mine was dead also. the car looked real nice. I alway prided myself in keeping the 96 original. The 99 I looked at had K&N air filter, borla exhaust and REAL NICE newer c5 rims. Maybe

02 rims and new tires. Car has 26K miles price is about $27,000.

Here are my concerns. Does the borla exhaust add to or detract from the Corvette character? How about re-sale or value in general.

My 93 convertible was pretty cramped. I did not see the car with the roof on. Is it an easy ride top up? Is it tight or comfortable?

What should I look for when the guy starts it tomorrow.

I will probably buy the car. If not, it will be another c5. I do miss the c4 Thanks.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Reply to
rebco10

Just a tad over priced, for that money you can go up 2 years, drop

10,000 miles and you might even get a convertible. I've seen '99s going in the teens with less miles. Maxie Price has a 2001 coupe with less than 10,000 miles for $27+ but a cash deal would be about what you're going to pay for the '99. They'll pick you up at the airport and it's a fun ride home.

Then you must remember that you're buying at the wrong time, spring. Still there is a 2000 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible, pewter with black landau top, spotless, showroom condition, fully loaded, all power, 25,000 miles. $27,500 Ohio 330-717-0545. Easy to find and I would bring it to you if you would stick a stamp on my ass and send me back home.

No, yes, and none.

It's not like your wedding night.

The door to go home, too much, offer no more than 20 as a last offer, start lower.

Hang in there for a 2000, although there was nothing wrong with the '97, '98, and '99 there was some much needed fuel management changes made in '99 and '00. What ever you do, do it now, if this weather gets nice your dealing days are over.

Reply to
Dad

Thank you so much dad. I called the lady with the convertible. Priced right beutiful car.. I want a 6 spd. it is an auto. Really appreciate it though. I will drive the red one tomorrow. I will also call Maxie price.

Thanks again.

Reply to
rebco10

I know you are offering free advice. I have to say, every time I looked for a car I was told the cars are always cheaper. When I bought my 96 for $21, I was told they are all around for 14 grand. When I sold my 93 I was told by this group it was not worth more then 13 grand (sold for 19500). The maxi peuter can had 60,000 miles when it was registered last year. I dont know the mileage now as they are closed. Otherwide it would have been a great dea. the lady in Ohio (extremely nice) is an auto. You are right , priced right.

Hey, if you see any other deals let me know. I know, one nice week and I may have to wait for November.

Reply to
rebco10

Know what you're saying, but all opinions are just that. Where you're at and what is around you changes what everyone else may experience. A friend just made a cash deal for a 2002 convertible with 9,700 miles for $29,000 that we picked up Friday 150 miles from his house. It to was an automatic, we traded off driving back and I kind of miss the ease of driving the Auto, smelled better than my C6. I think he's still sitting out in the garage looking at it and it has been 10 degrees out for the last few days.

Good luck

Reply to
Dad

Try this:

Plug in a zip code. (If your's won't work, use 92123 and set the radius to "any distance." ). I just checked for 1998 and 1999 and got 673 cars that are for sale by both dealers and private parties. You can further filter for price to see what it buys in terms of body style, equipment and mileage. Many have multiple fotos and some have a free CARFAX.

Reply to
PJ