reverse parking sensor

hi need help please just bought 2003 318i touring and when i engage reverse car beeps at me for about 5 secs and then goes quiet. when i get near wall no sound is
made. how do i check system out please. thanks
Check the wiring and for physical obstructions etc.

wiring looks ok and no obstructions. do the sensors work this way ie making noise when put in gear and then nothing or does the noise mean there is a fault somewhere. thanks
R. Mark Clayton wrote:

they should only make beeps when you are close to touching something, it sounds like you have a problem.

Kevin,
It usually means that one or more sensors is faulty or has a bad connection.
Laurie.
----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road -----------------
does any one know the procedure for checking these sensors out please thanks kevin
Laurie Bridges wrote:

Probably by substitution.
--
*What are the pink bits in my tyres? Cyclists & Joggers*