Argos Parking Sensor...

Has anyone bought one of these?

Any idea how hard it is to fit? Given that I know almost nothing about electrics in a car, would it be case of just plugging it into the right place?

Reply to
Alan Finch

I put one very similar onto my dads van years ago.

One wire goes to the positive and one to negative side of a revers light.

Beeper mounted somewhere local

Simple

Sensors are place in or under bumper

John Rogerlot

Not plugging, exactly, as it's usually wired into the reversing light circuit. So you'd need to make a connection to that and earth. Usually pretty easy though, given access to the reversing lights.

If you want the LED function, you'll need to get the display to the front of the car, since with a good reversing sensor there's not so much need to look over your shoulder - you can rely on the mirrors more. But I found the LEDs a waste of time - all that's really needed is the bleeper.

The most difficult part might be fitting the sensors neatly. On the unit I have, it involved drilling holes in the rear bumper.

I'm slightly concerned about only two sensors - mine has four, as have all the factory fitted ones I've seen.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Did you have to drill the bumpers or anything?

1&langId=-1&catalogId=1751&productId=83382> >

Reply to
Alan Finch

Here is a review I found.

I found the model number by chance at:
Although, I have to say I prefer the look of these:
A better picture (with a bigger price tag) is here:
I didn't know they were so cheap these days. Might have to splash out :-)

Good luck,

Chris D.

Reply to
Chris Dyson