Spilt gasoline on car hood, now I have an oily stain

well I recently found an oily stain on the front hood of my car. I can only assume that it is from the lawn mower gas can in the garage. any ideas on how to remove it? thanks for ant advice.

Use car wax.
Vito

Wax will certainly seal and protect the stain!
I'd first try a regular carwash soap. If that doesn't work, try diluted dishwashing liquid soap (Palmolive, etc.) and if that removes it, follow by waxing the area to protect it.
Tom K.
No, car wax has chemical cleaners. Maybe the more precise word is 'polish'.
Vito

Some waxes are cleaner/waxes and contain polish but some don't. While you can try a polishing wax, D's suggestion of a polishing compound may work better.
Tom K.
You do not want an abrasive cleaner else the paint will be eroded where you 'wax'. Polish has solvents that will remove the gasoline but will not abrade the paint.. Polish is made for paint. Dish washing liquid is not. It is that simple.
Dang, you guys are really dense.
Vito'

We weren't the ones who told the OP to wax his oily paint!
Tom K.
if these suggestions don't do the trick , i would recommend " mirror glaze # 3 " it's a very mildly abrasive polishing compound . i get mine at an auto body supply store but i'm sure you can find it online . worst case , you may have to have it wet sanded and buffed if the stain has discolored the clear coat . good luck , D.

car wash................. A good one where they do detail work on the side...........