Spilt Diesel

Evening

Went to the girlfriends parents this afternoon, and when we left there was that oily s**te in the rain water all over the drive..

Got home and investigated, and it turns out that the nut on the fuel line to injector 3 had become loose, and was pissing out diesel. From where i drove it home, there is now diesel all over my road, and drive. Now that its rained, it looks a bastard!

Will the rain wash it away, or should i get something to get rid of it?

Im sure that it knows its for sale...

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Mark Solesbury uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Depending how bad it is contact the police or Council Highways if they are open 24/7 (if not the police will turn them out) - if a motor cyclist comes around the road on it they will be on there arse in no time.

If it's just a case of a rainbow driveway I've found a good soak in fairy liquid works well combined with a car wash perhaphs and a good hose down.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Nowt worse on two wheels, especially if one is 'riding to the maximum'

Reply to
Nige

What's the driveway made of? Diesel rots asphalt - it softens it. I'm afraid I don't know what the cure is, though.

Reply to
Alan J. Wylie

To be fair, its only a little bit, and i live on a culdisac (sp?).. Its more a case of rainbow driveway. Its absolutely hooning it down outside, so ill see whats its like in the morning.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

if your driveway is badly contaminated mix up some washing powder in hot water 1 cup/2galls and spray or use a watering can on the affected area . It will act as a dispersant and the rain will wash it away. Derek

Reply to
Derek

Sprinkle detergent washing powder on it and leave it for the next rain. Comes up a treat.

Reply to
GbH

Gunk/Jizer work well too IME. Spray on, stiff brush, rinse off. Repeat to fade.

Reply to
Rich B

Cul de sac: French for "arse of a bag".

Or something.