Where else to discuss Bimmers?

For many of us Canucks, we're about to lose our access to alt.autos.bmw when Rogers stops carrying usenet December 15th.

Anyone know of a good alternate location to discuss all things BMW?

Thanks,

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Oberle

You can still read and participate in the groups using Google. Click on "Groups" and then "Advanced Groups Search". It's not as easy but it works.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Krueger

alt.autos.bmw can also be viewed on Google...

Also, Roadfly.com
and BimmerBoard.com
are pretty high traffic sites that are also very helpful and fun to hang out in. Kyle

98 740iL 01 525i
Reply to
Kyle and Lori Greene

et al....

Reply to
Paul Martin

Reply to
Robert Schneider

Definitely roadfly:

R / John

Reply to
John Carrier

You don't need an alternative - use a free newsserver, that way you will be able to continue reading and posting on alt.autos.bmw .

Have a look at

(down for the moment, Ibelieve) - here, you can find a list of free newsservers. Not all of themare online, not all of them allow posting. I've found very decent newsservers on this site before, but I do not have a list at hand of one specific newsserver. Just try a few of them (post to alt.test or something similar) and you'll be fine.

Should

remain down, do a Google search for "freenewsservers", and you can look at the site in cache, or you can locate othersites that list free servers. Hope this helps!

Princess Morgiah

Reply to
Princess Morgiah

Go to

and sign up for a free USENET account. :)

Alistair J Murray

Go to

and sign up for a free USENET account. :)

Jino Augustine

access my newsgroups at home... I am looking for a free NNTP

Hi Jino,

Check my earlier post - I've just had a look, and it appears that

is back up again. There youcan find a lot of NNTP hosts which you can use to read/post news for free. Regards,

Princess Morgiah

Reply to
Princess Morgiah