Where else to discuss Bimmers?

For many of us Canucks, we're about to lose our access to alt.autos.bmw when Rogers stops carrying usenet December 15th.
Anyone know of a good alternate location to discuss all things BMW?
Thanks,
Kevin
Kevin Oberle wrote:

You can still read and participate in the groups using Google. Click on "Groups" and then "Advanced Groups Search". It's not as easy but it works.
Dan

alt.autos.bmw can also be viewed on Google... http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.bmw?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8
Also, Roadfly.com http://www.roadfly.com/ and BimmerBoard.com http://bimmerboard.com/ are pretty high traffic sites that are also very helpful and fun to hang out in.
Kyle 98 740iL 01 525i
www.bimmerfest.com www.x5world.com www.e90post.com et al....

In addition to accessing Usenet through Google (or subscribing to a separate Usenet server like Giganews), www.roadfly.com has message boards specific to just about every past and present BMW model.
Kevin Oberle wrote:

Definitely roadfly: http://www.roadfly.com/bmw/forums /
R / John

You don't need an alternative - use a free newsserver, that way you will be able to continue reading and posting on alt.autos.bmw .
Have a look at http://www.newsservers.net/ (down for the moment, I believe) - here, you can find a list of free newsservers. Not all of them are online, not all of them allow posting.
I've found very decent newsservers on this site before, but I do not have a list at hand of one specific newsserver. Just try a few of them (post to alt.test or something similar) and you'll be fine.
Should http://www.newsservers.net/ remain down, do a Google search for "free newsservers", and you can look at the site in cache, or you can locate other sites that list free servers.
Hope this helps!
Princess Morgiah
Kevin Oberle wrote:

Go to http://dotsrc.org/usenet/ and sign up for a free USENET account.
:)
would anybody be able to provide me with the NNTP server that i can use to access my newsgroups at home... I am looking for a free NNTP service...
please update me if you could help with this...
I am in India...
Regards, Jino
Oberle wrote:<BR>&gt; For many of us Canucks, we're about to lose our access to alt.autos.bmw <BR>&gt; when Rogers stops carrying usenet December 15th.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Anyone know of a good alternate location to discuss all things BMW?<BR><BR>Go to <A href="http://dotsrc.org/usenet /">http://dotsrc.org/usenet /</A> and sign up for a free USENET account.<BR><BR>:)<BR><BR><BR><BR>A</BODY></HTML> ------=

Hi Jino,
Check my earlier post - I've just had a look, and it appears that http://www.newsservers.net/FreeNewsServers.htm is back up again. There you can find a lot of NNTP hosts which you can use to read/post news for free.
Regards,
Princess Morgiah