Which alloy wheels fit an E34 525 TD

Hi everyone, I have the standard steel rims with 195/65/15 tyres on my 1994 525 TD. And before I go looking on ebay for a set of alloy's complete with
tyres, I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to tell me which alloy's would fit, IE: wheels of an E36 or E39 or something like that. Thanks in advance Jed

Without getting technical, wheels and tyres suitable for an E39 can be fitted to an E34. The central bore size of an E39 wheel is slightly bigger, and adaptor rings or Hubcentric rings have to be used, but the offset is the same for both, so with rings the wheels are a straight swap.
Not sure but I believe these are the correct size rings. http://snipurl.com/1stmh
I can assure you that there is absolutely no problem with E39 wheels on an E34. My E34 has been running on E39 wheels since I bought it about 3 years ago, with no signs of imbalance over that period. Mike in UK.
Thanks Mike, that's a great help. Jed
Mike G wrote:

Mike G wrote:

An even better solution is to get a set of wheels from an E60. They have the same hub center diameter and lug spacing and offset as was required for an E34.
I bought some E60 take-offs and bolted them on my E34 a few years back. They worked perfectly and looked great, though obviously that is subjective.
--
-Fred W

Do your eBay search on BMW E34 OEM 17 INCH RIMS <or> WHEELS. If you want a different size or want to view all sizes, change the number or take it out altogether.
The back spacing on the various cars makes the wheels unique for each chassis. You can not use E36 or E46 rims on your car, you _might_ be able to use E39 rims.
I changed the rims on my E36 from 15" to 17". The donor car for my project was a '95 M3, the new rims fit easily with no modifications required. The project car was was totalled in a wreck a year later, so I harvested the tires and wheels and put them in another E36, and they easily went on that car as well. My point is, if there is a 17" rim for your chassis, then it will fit your car without jumping through lots of hoops.

Pretty much anything from anything other than a 3 series, so not an E36/E46. ..but if you want tyres too then I guess you're looking at E34 wheels.