Alloy wheels?

Is it normal for alloy wheels starting to blister after 18 months (16000 miles) The blistering is concentrated in the middle of the wheel around the manufacturers badge, and is starting generally all over, it's now looking very unsightly. The car is a Mazda 3 Sport, would this be a warranty claim, or is this normal?

Reply to
Craig

depends what you been cleaning them wif mate

Reply to
Grandad

They normally get cleaned with the same car wash I use on the rest of the car, or a car wash. I have never used any kind of wheel cleaner. The car is washed say once a week, and the wheels are generally clean, I don't usually wait until I cannot see the original colour of the wheel.

Reply to
Craig

It's not normal, yes it should be a warranty claim

Reply to
Duncanwood

I agree, I could see the point if it was around the inside edge where the wheels are almost constantly covered in brake dust/grime, but the worst affected areas are in the middle where the wheel is always clean, and all wheels are the same. Assuming it is a warranty claim then should I insist on new wheels or getting them refurbished?

Reply to
Craig

It depends on how long an argument you're prepared to have.

Reply to
Duncanwood

My 2001 Avensis alloys still look good after a clean despite going weeks (and months sometimes) between cleans! I'm guessing this is down to the lacquer that they use to protect them. I personally would be happy to accept refurbished on condition thet they are suitably protected as getting another set of same sounds like you'll have same problem in a short time.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

In message , Craig writes

I know that Honda had a corrosion issue with some Civic Type-R alloys, and replaced them under warranty for customers who made a fuss. The deciding factor was whether you had corrosion on surfaces not vulnerable to impact damage.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Did take the car to a Mazda dealer, they took pics and sent them off to Mazda. Should hear in a few days.

Reply to
Craig

same with mazda on the RX-8 and Toyota with the Celica/MR2.....replaced under warranty.

Reply to
john

Very common on late MX-5s, so go back to Mazda. They replaced thousands of 'em under warranty.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable

is it can fit pcd 6x139.7, bead lock wheels?

Reply to
MAT-OFF-ROAD