Which Auto transmission fluid?

1999 E36 323i Sport Auto Touring (UK model). I know it's supposedly filled with "Lifetime" fluid, but as filters are available I think I'll change it while the trans is still sound.
According to TIS/ETK, the transmission is an A5S 310Z-OJ and the fluid is Esso LT71141. Are there any alternatives to this fluid and typically how much do I need to buy? TIS says 3L, but with torque conveter drained too, 7.1L. I take it that I'll need approx 3L? I've go the procedure printed off from TIS so that's not a problem. I just need to source the fluid. Thanks for any info.
JB

The filter isn't like an engine oil filter - it's just a gauze to prevent a foreign body entering the pump. It doesn't clean the fluid in any way.
--
*I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder *

Why are these listed as a service item by both BMW and ECP? I had always imagined that you just clean and replace them. I seem to remember there being 2 filters, the other hidden inside another 'inner pan'. This replacment may be this type? Must do more research before getting stuck in. Cheers, JB
JB wrote:

Take a look at the 2nd reply in this thread: http://www.autotrade.com.my/forum/allposts.asp?summary=1&Forum=ap445987436&access=1&status=1&subject=Automatic+Transmission+Fluid
Very informatibe IMO...
--