Z3 Convertable Roof mechanism knocking

Hope someone can help!!!
I have a Z3 convertable and when the roof is closed and due to the car flexing slighly under normal movement (as convertables do) the
mechanism which pulls the roof in to place has a worn bolt which causes the rood mechanism to knock at low speeds (especially on cobbles etc)
The dealer says new roof at a cost of 3,000! Where i am thinking more along the lines of drilling the old bolt out and putting anew one in!!
Any help would be appreciated
Reagrds
Daman

Just looked at my 2000 convertible, it looks like the "J" hook is adjustable, and both it and the alignment pin would be easily replaced.
Are you referring to something in the lever mechanism? There's nothing there that looks to me like it can't be easily replaced.
Mike Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin
Hi Mike
Thanks very much for the response.
Yes it is one of the bolts that is knowcking and i should be able to drill out and replace.
The bolt in question is positioned about level with your head as you drive (assuming a normal driving position!) on the roof line adjacent the window.
I will have a go adjusting first.
Thanks again
Daman Ranby