1970 Camaro SS/RS 396

Greetings all. I have a question for the group. My apologies for crossposting. I've recently purchased a 1970 SS/RS 396 car missing its original L34 engine and TH400 transmission. The car is a Van Nuys model and
I can't locate a build sheet. I've completely checked under the front seats as well as the rear seat back and bottoms. I've also dropped the tank with no luck. I'm getting ready to drop the headliner to have a look up there. My question is, are there any other possible locations where a build sheet might be located? I'm working on building a replacement L34 with a date correct one. Another concern that I have is if I can't find any documentation for the car, how much of its value would be lost if I decided to correctly covert it to a 4-speed car. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
CE

Good find on the RS/SS Big Block. You have hit all the ususal suspects. Chances are the build sheet was removed by an earlier owner.
WCV www.westcoastvintage.com Over 10,000 vintage automotive t-shirt designs.
Thank you for your reply. I figured that's what the situation would call for. After asking this same question in a technical forum, I've found that one owner found a build sheet in one of the doors, and another owner found his inside one of the fenders. I don't know if Van Nuys and Norwood had standard placement locations unique to each plant, but I suspect that there may still be a few more places in wich a build sheet may yet be found. Thank you again.
CE
message

There were a few body build sheets that went with the car when they put it together. Maybe they were all thrown out. Some get lucky and some don't.
CE wrote:

I had a 1971 SS/RS 396, Van Nuys build, Z87 interior. My build sheet was between the passenger seat frame and lower cushion, folded into quarters. Not under seats, but between the frame and cushion. It had aged brown, so it blended very closely with the 'vanilla' color of the seat foam. As another poster said, if you already looked there, gas tank, rear seat, sounds like you have hit the most probable locations.
Good luck!