1970 Camaro SS worth restoring?

Hello all, I have a 70 SS camaro, numbers don't match. Was originally a straight 6. It's been sitting for 20 years without being driven. I have a

454 big block in it, that's never been run. In your opinion is this car worth restoring? I'm afraid to start poking around at it, from fear or what I might find. What can I expect to find? I know the engine does need to be rebuilt again. Don't ask me why it's been sitting for 20 years.

Thanks, Zantino

Reply to
zantino

I think you should just give it to me and I'll save you a lot of time, money, and aggravation. ;-)

Reply to
Batman

Was originally a straight 6. ======================================= Originally a straight 6? SS? I don't think so.......

Reply to
John King

If the car originally came with a straight six, then it's not really an SS. The smallest engine that ever came in an SS Camaro any year was the 350. In

1970 there were a few rare beast built with 402's, but budged a 396. - Gary
Reply to
Gary - KQ6RT

The last line in my last post was supposed to read " a 402 badged as a 396" not budged. That's what happens when you trust your spell checker too much. :)

Gary

Reply to
Gary - KQ6RT

someone probaly put a 6 in it...if its been sitting..its worth restore..but more $ the brakes,lines n alot of other stuff r probaly froze up or rusted off..the engine will be the cheaper part of this reso...how is the body?

Reply to
lamdas2000

it is NOT an SS Camaro if it had a 6 cylinder originally

only the 300hp/350 4bbl engine and the 396's were available in the SS Camaro in 70 PERIOD

But ALL 70-81 Camaros are worthy of restoration as far as preserving it. the

6 cyl. 307 350-2bbl cars are worthy of speed parts and engine swaps.

So strap in the BBC

Make the car pretty and enjoy it

Reply to
I'm Right

isnt the 6c 307 to 350 a v8????

Reply to
lamdas2000

lamdas2000 spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

I thought a 307 was a V8...a rather crappy one at that. :)

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck_n0i

although if ya put a 350 crank in it, it makes it a 327.

Reply to
StyxNStones®

Actually I would take a 307 over a 305 any day. the 307 has a much better bore to stroke ratio. I've had a couple 307's myself and I was very happy with them. Not every car has to be a hotrod.. - Gary

Reply to
Gary - KQ6RT

It does come out pretty close to 327, but that's a completely different bore and stroke combination than what Chevrolet used. A 307 was actually a 283 with a 327 crank. 3.875 bore 3.25 stroke.

Gary

Reply to
Gary - KQ6RT

oops maybe i meant a 307 crank in a 350 block = 327.

4.00 x 3.25
Reply to
StyxNStones®

Any 1970 Camaro for the most part is worth saving. If you don't want it, Ill take it off your hands. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Not every car has to be a hotrod.. - Gary

blasphemy!

Reply to
Batman