'75 AMP meter stopped working

Hi,

On my 75 camaro, the amp meter stopped working. It's always on 0, it does not show usage, nor charging.

My bet is on the wiring, not the meter itself.

Where would the amp meter wires go? Are they going to the generator? Is there a fixed wire colour for this?

thx

Bram

Reply to
bram stolk

Around that age as I recall the ammeter runs through ONE of the fusible links from the starter. If one of them goes out then the meter no longer works even though everything else does. If the other goes, the meter burns out and then everything appears normal.

Reply to
Cy Welch