Absolute Coolant Flush

The previous post reminded me of a question I've been pondering...is there a way to backflush the cooling system "completely" without removing the
thermostat? As I see it, with the TS in the system, it is closed when the engine is cold so there would be no way to flush the system with it in. Correct me if this is wrong. Thanks
JW wrote:

If you use a flush kit in line with the heater hoses and keep going till it's clear, and follow the instructions with the kit, you will get as close to complete flushing as you can without removing everything and draining it. I would not worry about the tiny bit that might not get out, with the thermostat in. Then again, when you change the coolant you probably should change the thermostat anyways.
--
Cy Welch
89 Camaro RS 5.0 TBI