my previous post

Hi,

Sorry to have upset some members on here!!

We are a small new business and we are not aware of the trouble and upset it may have caused, we too are enthusiastes and unaware of newsgroup rules or etiquette.

We thought it would be helpful and beneficial to landrover enthusiates, as we offer a fast friendly and cheap relaible service, but if it upsets people we will no longer put anymore adverts on here.

Please except our oppolgies,

Ian.

Reply to
mark

No sweat mate..

Some people take the piss and have advertised trade stuff in the past...

We like to talk shit, meet up and talk shit (and fix bills Disco :) ) and cant really be arsed with trade stuff...

Ill keep you in mind though, for when i get my RR back on the road... Ive a feeling it may need a fair few bits!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

You'll have to get yourself a website matey theres always a call for spares on the group and theres a number of us who try and source kit if anyone is struggling that said my garden is looking like a breakers at the moment. I may have to ask Nige to store my boat in front of his shed . Derek

Reply to
Derek

Derek uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I thought you got rid of that boat - I'm sure I saw it floating through Oxford on the way to France :-)

Missed a trick there ;-)

Ian dude - Chill out - most the poeple in here appeared , pissed everyone off one way or another and then stuck around... it's part of the initiation ceremony. :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

No problem Ian. I hope you took my comments in the spirit they were intended.

Reply to
nullified

Fannybatter.

Reply to
Nige

Fair enough, and good on you for saying this. There's no need to go and hide. This isn't a commercial group, although there are a fair few on here who make a living out of LR spares, service and the like. We've had several discusions about it over the years, and the consensus is that anyone who makes a useful contribution to the group in other ways (advice and experience, mainly) are welcome to ply their trade discreetly. If you do this, you'll be made welcome.

So, hi.

Reply to
Rich B

Hi,

Yes i can understand this, hopefully if any body does decide to use us, i hope they will be more than happy, we are not like others who charge the earth for parts, we genuinly believe in keeping these cars on the road. It is more than a hobby for us breaking, this is not our main business but just a side line we enjoy doing.

Thanks,

Ian.

Reply to
mark

Hi,

We do have a website

we did not want to advertise this on here just incase there where some rules about doing so.

Thanks for replying back to us though.

Ian

Reply to
mark

Hi,

Yes this is a bit new to us, i understand that there is a bit of a family feel to the group, but i do hope we can help, even if it isjust advise anyone needs, we are not just about making money, Hope we can stick around and get to know you all!!

Ian.

Reply to
mark

Hi,

Thanks for the kind words!!

I hope we can help you on here, even if it is just advise you need.

Ian.

Reply to
mark

Stick your website in your sig. line ... indeed having a working sig sep will help ... and enter into a bit of discussion, especially if you can help on 'awkward' questions. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx