heater/ac control malfunction

The slider handle for heat/cold control is broken off. Can just this portion of the controller be replaced or does the whole unit need to be replaced.
Where would I find such parts? Anyone ?

Which one of the 35 years that the car was made do you have? Just go to one of the resto warehouses and buy a replacement.
RSCamaro wrote:

I'll take a look in the garage. I know I have a loose one around somewhere.

I found an extra one laying around and if it is for a 68'/69' I'm afraid you're out of luck. All of the pivot points are sort of riveted and it doesn't look like they ever wanted you to take it apart. You'll have to get a repop or a used one.
RSCamaro wrote:

If it's the bottom one, they make a repair kit (Year One and others).