Heater AC control unit

Do any of you guys have any ideas about taking out the heater AC control unit in a 68? I'm to the point were the radio is out as is the ashtray and brackets. The control is loose but I can't figure out a way to get it out! The manual says drop it down? Where? How?

Any of you done this before and can send a few tips??

Thanks,

Steve

Reply to
Steve Thoma

You have to work it around behind the dashboard. The best thing to do is to lay on your back with some lighting and look for the best avenue to get the controls out. You've removed all of the control cables right? Use safety glasses, if you don't there will be something there that will get in your eyes.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

Well I had hoped to pull it out enough just to check out the top lever (air/heat). I see that it comes out of its runner and was hoping to fix it in place. I guess not.

Thanks,

Steve Thoma

Reply to
Steve Thoma