Re: OT: Survey: Vintage 3 on the tree vs. 4 on the floor?

wrote:

You're right that many haven't seen or even know what a shifter on the column is. I don't see any problems keeping it as long as the mechanism is still in good condition. Of course someone is probably in need of your set up for the perfect restoration and you could get a pretty penny for it.
I'd probably still drop the 4 speed in. It's the way I drive, I have a need for a shifter on the floor. Besides it's really difficult to speed shift with a 3 on the tree. The throw is just too long.
...Ron -- 68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird
Some are wise and some are otherwise
puked:

I hadn't thought of that. Good point.

I've gotten ok at it, maybe I should hacksaw about six inches off the lever and screw an 8-ball on it. :) -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?