SLP Loud Mouth exhaust vs. Borla. ??

i have a 2002 SS....
SLP or Borla...
ok, which is better??? budget wise, id prefer the SLP only because its about 300 dollars cheaper, but i always hear Borla is the way to go...
what is the difference, if any??? ive never heard how loud the SLP exhaust is, and ive only heard Borla through a Vette...
also, whats the difference between the stock SLP air intake on the SS and the SLP intake from their website???
thank you in advance!!!
: i have a 2002 SS.... : : SLP or Borla... : : ok, which is better??? budget wise, id prefer the SLP only because its : about 300 dollars cheaper, but i always hear Borla is the way to go... : : what is the difference, if any??? ive never heard how loud the SLP : exhaust is, and ive only heard Borla through a Vette... : : also, whats the difference between the stock SLP air intake on the SS : and the SLP intake from their website??? : : thank you in advance!!!
The loudmouth is obnoxious as hell and will eventually drive you mad at highway speeds. If you want the loudest exhuast you can find at WOT though....that's probably it.
I don't like the look of the borla. It does sound nice though, and the cutouts are a nice feature.
Basically, I don't like either, but of the two, I'd go with the Borla. I'm partial to Corsa or Flowmaster. (Dynoflow sounds good too. And I toyed with mufflex, but wanted stainless.)
Are you talking about the SS Airbox? The SLP Air Box Lid? The RA/CAI kit?
Please be more specific.
thanks for the response..
call me dumb, but what is "WOT"? ive heard the loud mouth makes the car sound like a classic muscle car...
the intake im talking about is the stock SS intake from SLP... it looks alot like the one of their website, exept the air box lid on the website has an slp logo in the center... are the bellows the only difference?
i bought the car used, and it looks like it may have some engine work... the plastic pieces that surround the intake on the Left and Right are not on my car... and it looks like it has a big MAF? sensor right before the throttle body.. id show pics but im on webtv... it does have the factory slp air box lid with the k and n filter..
also, where can i see a pic of what the slp whisper lid looks like? im having trouble accessing their website.... im asking cuz the car sounds like it whistles sometimes..
thanks in advance!!!.
WOT = Wide Open Throttle.
The SLP "Loudmouth" is very appropriately named. I would be willing to bet it would get you a ticket in many jurisdictions. Way to loud for my taste. - Gary

: WOT = Wide Open Throttle. : : The SLP "Loudmouth" is very appropriately named. I would be willing to bet : it would get you a ticket in many jurisdictions. Way to loud for my taste. - : Gary
Yeah, it doesn't sound like a classic muscle car at all. It's impressively loud, but obnoxiously so. It really is too much. IMHO of course.
You Can't get a Ticket Because It's STREET LEGAL PERFORMANCE
ie: SLP

Not true, I almost got a ticket for "Loud exhaust" with my Camaro a couple years back.. LOL... but since its all stock.....I have a feeling he was looking for empties at the time.. eh, whatever.
--

Well catch ya later,
-KITT
: thanks for the response.. : : call me dumb, but what is "WOT"? ive heard the loud mouth makes the car : sound like a classic muscle car...
Gary already answered your WOT question.
: the intake im talking about is the stock SS intake from SLP... it looks : alot like the one of their website, exept the air box lid on the website : has an slp logo in the center... are the bellows the only difference? : : i bought the car used, and it looks like it may have some engine work... : the plastic pieces that surround the intake on the Left and Right are : not on my car... and it looks like it has a big MAF? sensor right before : the throttle body.. id show pics but im on webtv... it does have the : factory slp air box lid with the k and n filter.. : : also, where can i see a pic of what the slp whisper lid looks like? im : having trouble accessing their website.... im asking cuz the car sounds : like it whistles sometimes.. : : thanks in advance!!!.
S'far as the intake goes, you're going to have to give us a better description and a definition of what you mean by intake. Are you talking about the air box itself? The bellows? The throttle body? If the bellows are smooth, then it's definitely not stock. The stock MAF I think was 73mm.....but dont' quote me on that. The stock airbox on the SS was slightly bigger than the Z28. Just a bit more volume. But s'far as I know, the lid is still the same. I would look into changing the lid. The main difference between the Whisper/SLP/other airbox lid is that there is more volume and the "silencers" have been removed. If you look at the stock lid, you should see ribs on the inside of the lid. These are the air "silencers" which cause a great deal more turbulent air flow into your TB. Not so good as far as RA engineering goes.