Starter heat problem

I have a 69 that starts fine when cold but when the engine is warm it won't start I tried heat shields and thermal blankets on the starter bur it still
does it any suggestions. Freind said I should get headers this mould move the exhaust away I don't know please help
usually ignition timing advanced too far will cause this, cold = fine, hot very difficult for the starter to turn engine, slow turn with almost stop at each compression stroke or wont completely turn engine at all, usually with hi compression engines.

dude wrote:

Or it's just a bad starter