03' silverado stereo not working

i have an 03 silverado ls with the factory Bose system (6disk) that just up and quit working one day. I've checked the fuses and they are good. If I p ush the power button the back lights for the buttons come on briefly but th ere is no display and no sound. It will load a cd but won't play. If I push the volume button it displays the clock for about 5 seconds and then goes back off. I did find a video on YouTube where I learned that if you push th e #5 preset, the forward seek/scan button and the power all at the same tim e it bypasses something and the stereo works for about 3 minutes and then s huts back off. This can be done a total of three times and after that I hav e to disconnect and then reconnect the battery before I can do it again. Th is truck has been an electrical nightmare! Any help would be greatly apprec iated

Reply to
Jasonbartley1975

Sounds like a Katrina truck.

Reply to
bilz2765

Because of your poor formatting, I can not quote the rest of your message.

Anyhow, this is not a home repair job. Unless you have a broken wire, dead fuse, or bad speaker, you need an electronic repair shop. Or just get another stereo at a junkyard, or buy an after market one.

Reply to
trickpony