383 premature rod bearing failure. Could too much timing been a problem???

I have a fairly new Chev 383 with about 30K mile on here. I took the engine apart because of an engine knock that developed. After tearing down the engine I notice I have some very badly worn (all eight) rod bearing. I don't know if these are the BI_METAL or TRI-Metal rod bearing. They have copper showing on top and no were else. I believe maybe a weak oil pressure could have done this type of damage but I install a new HD oil pump. I have pictures of the rod bearing if you like to me to send you for more information. Just looking for the cause of such a Any thoughts would be helpful

Byron T Tucson AZ

1989 K1500 TBI-383 built for towing.
Reply to
bataradena

What rod length are you using? What bearing make?

Reply to
Shades

Reply to
none2u

Over 60 PSI..... Byron

Reply to
bataradena

Common problem with engines that have detonation problems. Is your compression ratio higher than 10 to 1?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

What rod length are you using? What bearing make?

Reply to
Shades

Reply to
bataradena

The standard 5.7 rods. About the bearing, I don't really know about the type of rod bearing installed. I got the engine as a kit. Byron T

Reply to
bataradena

So the kit came with the 350 rods and not the 400 rods?

Federal Mogul and Clevite77 bearings are all I recommend and would ever run.

Reply to
Shades