1990 s10 has a crack in frame

Just looking for advice, is it generally worthwhile to repair a crack in an old s10 frame, safely, by welding, when the truck is otherwise in fairly good shape considering the years? The frame has seen a lot of winters, i.e. salt. The crack is near the rear section before the axle and on the driver-side. The box is showing some sag on the driver side and the truck is not going to pass anyone's inspection the way it is. Someone told me this is a common problem with the older s10's, where the frame rots out and fails. Just trying to get some idea of whether to pay a certified welder to attempt such a rpair.

Reply to
user

I would look the rest of the frame over real well first. There might not be anything worth welding to. Otherwise a heavy plate over the weak spot should do the trick.

Reply to
ShoeSalesman