'89 Chevy Blazer 4.3L problems

symtoms; Extreme hesitation from stand still. the more I push the slower it goes, lift up from full throttle and engine starts to "catch up" slowly. Steps taken to date; plugs, wires, fuel filter, ignition mod., tps, iac valve, rebuilt kit for TBI, map sensor, o2 sensor... At one time this was a nice truck, please any help?

Reply to
3jammon3

Well I would start with a simple compression test, also check the timing. Check the exhaust back-pressure as well. What is your fuel pressure?

Reply to
Steve W.

Do you have one of those foam air filters?

Reply to
Bill

Why would that matter?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Check the fuel pressure. Check the exhaust back pressure.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Check the EGR valve.

Reply to
Cmplx80

Well, if you do have one, and you just cleaned it, it may have too much oil in it. That is where I was going.

Reply to
Bill

Cat converter clogged. plates inside broken.

Reply to
curmudgeon

What would excess oil on an oiled type air filter affect specifically on the OP's vehicle?

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

What would excess oil on an oiled type air filter affect specifically on the OP's vehicle?

Toyota MDT in MO

He's thinking it's restricting the flow of air, choking the engine, but that would clear its self up as the excesse oil was sucked into the engine. That model is throttle body, and as such doesnt have a mass air flow sensor tyo get messed up by oiled filters

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

He *might* be thinking that :-)

Bingo! It was a leading question, not one designed to learn anything automotive.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish