ABS locking up...

I have a 1994 s10 pickup with 4 wheel ABS that are locking up with moderate pressure..Will after market 16" wheels make my abs brakes act up?..I have new rotors/drums and pads that made no difference..TIA..Jimmy

Reply to
tsemi

Have you try changing the ABS parts. Shoes, pads, drums and rotor will not stop your problem. There are 5 parets that go to the ABS system. ABS PRESSURE LIMIT/ DUMP VALVE part number 15661378 ABS SPEED SENSOR part numbers 4WD, Left 15727018 4WD, Right15727017 RWD, Left15725355 RWD, Right157253. DCMB SIGNAL RELAY part number 25097359 ELECTRO-HYDRAULIC &/OR CONTROL MODULE part number check with local GM dealer PRESSURE MODULATION ABS VALVE Eng VIN W12547215 Eng VIN Z,Automatic Trans12547215 Eng VIN Z,Standard Trans12384819

Sarge

Reply to
Sarge

The problem is the speed sensor info is not matching what the abs computer programming expects when compared with the vehicle speed reading from the computer. It may be possible to flash the abs computer and solve the problem. This was something we used to have to send customers to dealer ship for when they went to tall tires on 4x4s. Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Whitelightning has it exactly correct! That is the problem with your truck. However, there are no 16 inch specs for a reflash on your abs that I know of.

Reply to
Jay

Hay Whitelighting, I believe I read recently that going to larger tires will upset the abs computer..but the computer can be re-programed..ABS brakes are a bit over my head, I do believe this is a job for the dealer.........where is that vaseline?

Reply to
tsemi