ABS Relay

Hi,

1993 Maxima GXE 156k miles

The ABS motor relay has failed (stuck closed). I have the relay out and have phoned several Nissan dealers but none are able to positively identify the part from the numbers on it.

Nippon ABS LTD

112 000 10050 Japan 20722 Matsushita ACB32201 C01 CB1aF - 12V

Can anybody help with the correct part number.

Al Moodie.

Reply to
Al Moodie

Al, you talking about the actuator assembly, with the brake lines and wiring harnesses connected? Mounts on the inside passenger front fender? I recall mine said Nippon ABS Ltd on it. That whole shebang is one item, which is not a repairable part. If any component of that thing fails, then try a swap from a reputable parts yard. I did that on my 89 (same system as yours so far as I know). It was awhile ago, the assembly was in the $300-400 range used. Easy swap by you or your trusted local mechanic. Looking at $1800+ from dealer if even available. Maybe you are referring to another part. At any rate, Good luck Bob

95 SE Auto 89 SE Auto traded

positively

Reply to
BeeP

Not sure what you got, but about 10 years ago, my 92 se turned on it's ABS light. I saw the flash codes on the control unit in the trunk, looked them up in the service manual, ID'd the bad relay in the engine compartment, replaced it, never a problem again (until the car was rear ended and totaled...)

Gary K

Reply to
gary