Astro Owners Questions

Is your steering loose, my 1993 has 130,000 miles and it seems to kinda bob back and forth when hitting a bump.

Also while going down a bumpy road it seems that the front end bottoms out. I have pulled the shocks off of the front end and they seem pretty strong. Do all astro vans make a sort of bang sound when going through mild potholes.

I would like to improve the ride/handling/comfort, but do not want to go to the extreme of replacing leaf springs/coils, but I am willing to do so if the highway ride will be significantly better.

The cornering is not too terribly bad, but could always be improved upon. Now that all of my vehicles are paid off I would like to refine it a bit, as crazy as it sounds, I actually like driving it better than I do my 97 C1500 Ext Cab.

Thanks in advance guys and gals

TM

Reply to
TM

Replace the shocks, both front and rear.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Both sets are less than a year old. Any other suggestions?

Reply to
TM

TM,

I have not experienced any banging on my 91 Astro w/214k on it. If it's an AWD like mine, you might want to have the wheel speed sensors checked, I had one go nutz and it caused all kinds of weird handling things, especially when braking.

Reply to
websurfer

I have seen a lot of posters at

say that you need GOOD shocks. If there is a bang, is sounds like something in your front end is worn, which of course, would affect your handling.

My astro has loose steering (a bit of play), but it is in the steering box. Not sure if it is adjustable. The one adjustment I see does not take out the slop.

rick

Reply to
ricky_d