Help with horn 1985 Silverado

I have an '85 Silverado and the horns do not work. The fuse is fine and I have tested each horn and they both work. I am assuming it is the horn relay but I can't seem to be able to find it. Any ideas where it might be? Any suggestions on how I may fix this if the problem wasn't the relay?

Thanks, Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

My father in law had the same problem. Switch in the steering wheel

Reply to
Jimmie D

Silverado and the horns do not work. The fuse is fine

Is there any documentation on the net on how to test this switch?...replace it?

Reply to
Jeff

My memory might not be accurate but: Look high above your left foot for the horn relay.

Seems to me that it is mounted just above the fuse box, the little black plastic box you should see there. Had to change it to get the horns on our 82 4x4 to work. Hated working on it as it takes me two hands to do the job but can only access it with one at a time.

- Regards Gordie

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl