85 Silverado Fuel Pump installation - HELP!!!

I am having a bit of trouble installing a fuel pump on my 85 Silverado with a 305. I have installed a fuel pump on a straight six before and it was extremely straight forward. But is seems as though the fuel pump is unable to seat itself flush before I bolt it on. Is there some trick to this that I am not aware of???

Reply to
Aaron Ackerman

The actuation rod is pushing on the lever that sticks out of the pump. You should be able to push the pump flat with some force. If you can then feel free to use the bolts to draw it in. Or rotate the crankshaft till the pump sits flat without pushing. b

Reply to
Battleax

As long as the pushrod is in place, then just bolt it in. Use a hand ratchet rather than power and just bolt it in slowly to ensure there is no problem. If you are that concerned, take a 3/4 socket and turn the harmonic balancer

1 turn.
Reply to
Tech 117