identify engine help

i have a 1982 chevy truck with a v8 and dont know what engine i have in it the casting number is K0401UFC "not sure if the last didget is C OR G " can any one tell me what it is or tell me where to find out??? thanks in advance

Reply to
Anonymous

That ain't the engine casting #. The casting # is ALL numbers. Look on the bacl of the block, just above the bellhousing.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

I have a site that lists The #s but couldn't get it to post here.

Reply to
LARRY929

i found it ,, GM V8 14094738...i found several websites but none have this number ..il keep trying and checking back here ,,,,

Reply to
Anonymous

Not in my list either.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Did the one I sent you help any?

Reply to
LARRY929

These are the only numbers that I can find that start with 1409, but none are for a 1982.

14093638 14093627 14093627 14093627 14093638 14093638

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

You sure you didn't transpose the number? The closest I found was for the following:

87-88 14093638 BJ 4B Small Block Chev-4 Barrel

You should be able to look on the passenger side on the block just below the head a number, it is behind and under the alternator. squirt some soap or something on it if you can't read it or do a lead pencil trace.................

Reply to
Patrick t.