Buy Chrysler? I Dont Know!

This past Monday, I was hit by another driver that ran a red-light talking on his cell-phone. I really hit my car bad, so I only had no-fault on my 11 year old GM Cavlier, so I now need a newer car to drive.

I would like to hear opions of the group of a good used car that I could buy, for a woman driver with no children. I need a car that is low manintance and that will be easy to maintain.

I hear that Chryler is giving out good deals if you buy a car from them, but I dont know since they are in bankruptcy .

I need what ever help I can get, Thanks

EJP907

MAY THIS DAY BRING MANY BLESSINGS TO YOU

Reply to
EJP907

Go for Toyota, Honda or maybe even a Ford.

Reply to
Jim Higgins

I very rarely post, but monitor for any PT info.

Jim is right. a good Toyota, especially Camry is the way to go. Easy car to maintain, and when you look under the hood-you don't say this...."Where's the starter, or alternator" (On the PT-everything is hidden).

Happy Hunting, and good luck-

Reply to
pe2

Honda Accord, another good car and good gas mileage.

Happy Hunting-

Reply to
pe2

I think you are getting answers based on what are traditionally good/better cars with good ratings and good resale.

The other side of the coin is that you may be able to get a dynamite - really dynamite - deal on a Chrysler product that more than makes up for the fact that the Hondas and Toyotas are rated better, but are priced significantly higher (right now) than similar equipment on a Chrysler product that is being unloaded by someone at a 'distressed' price.

Some Chrysler dealers (and others) are going to be really really unloading their inventory in the next while.

Reply to
Mike Easter

What I would do is look at what Chrysler, Ford, Toyota and Honda are selling in your car size. Pick out only models you like enough to buy. Get firm exact prices on your choice from all makes.

If you like a Chrysler model and it is significantly lower (say 20%) than the others I'd buy the Chrysler. Some cars you could look at are the Chrysler Dodge Caliber, Ford Focus and Fusion 4cyl. Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic.

The Chrysler bankruptcy procedure is to shake off some greedy investors who want to destroy Chrysler and sell off the parts for more than was offered to them by Obama. Chrysler will come out of the bankruptcy refinanced and restructured. Two months is the time estimate for this. The Gov is backing the warranties.

Reply to
Josh S

Whatever happens, Chrysler warranties will be honored. The company and brands will not just go away, at worst they might be separated and sold to different concerns. Take advantage and get a great car on the cheap, plus it will help the company get through bankruptcy quicker.

Reply to
Steve

I assume that since your asking in a CHRYSLER forum that you are already aware that you can go to a Toyota or Honda forum and get all the info there about those makes.

In other words, the bozos that responded in this forum telling you to go buy Toyota are trolls with chips on their shoulder.

Getting back to the question at hand, you won't find a "great" deal on a used car from a Chrysler dealer, since most used car buyers are looking for how much CAR they get for their money vs what brand it is. A lower-rated USED car that was maintained in top condition will give you a lot more miles than a higher-rated used car that was thrashed within an inch of it's life.

And my experience is that Toyota owners either maintain their cars well and keep them forever, or they maintain them like crap and sell them when they start having problems. Think for a second about the type of car buyers attracted to a vehicle brand that carries a reputation of high reliability - these are car buyers who DO NOT want to spend money on maintainence - and so they DON'T - and as a result, their vehicle is run into the ground.

I've seen many many people plunk down way too much money on a used Toyota just due to reputation, when another car that wasn't a Toyota was available for a lot less money, and it was in far better condition and would certainly have lasted a lot longer.

The "great deals" your going to find at Chrysler dealers will be in NEW cars. And don't kid yourself - this so-called "panic" of desperation of Chryser dealers is mostly marketing. Chrysler dealers aren't stupid and saw the handwriting on the wall years ago, and as a consequence, reduced inventory levels. They will act like they are desperate but that's just a con job to get you in the door. You still need to be very aware of what it is they are selling, and keep in mind that your much more likely to be able to bargain down the price of a fully-optioned new car that's on the lot, over a stripped-down new car that has to be ordered. As for used vehicles, if the dealership switches brands and turns into a Ford dealership, the same used cars they have on the lot they will keep right on selling.

The best used cars I've always got were off Craigslist or out of newspaper ads. Become familiar with kbb.com, and the evening editions of the newspaper. As for craigslist, there's people who run RSS feeds on their cellphones and are essentially paged the minute that anything is listed there, so you gotta be very quick, the good deals go lightning fast.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

I agree Ted. Last August with the gas price scare I got a great deal on a 300M off Craigslist. Previously I had picked up my used cars off the local newspaper and the local Buy&Sell paper.

Reply to
Josh S

The best used buys in this area would be on a 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix. These will all come off a fleet lease somewhere, but will have the

100000 mile powertra> This past Monday, I was hit by another driver that ran a red-light
Reply to
SSTEIN2