OT: Expedition

Anybody got anything good to say about the Expedition? My wife really rather have a Tahoe, but an Expedition is much larger and cheaper (at least used).

Reply to
Troy

We have an expodition. Thier awsome but the new new ones have NO room like the older ones do.

Reply to
Larry Durst

Reply to
Mike Levy

My parents drive a '99 Expedition, and for a ford... we (the family) love it, it turnes like a car, has the power of a V8 and room for everyone.. Down side, the 5.4 Triton V8 doesn't get good gas mileage.. but it does pack some power.. this year we went to my grandparents in south dakota(850miles one way from texas), pulled 8-10' box trailer plus the whole family (5) and all our stuff there and back (with ALOT more stuff in the trailer on the way home) and had no problem whatsoever.. even in the sand hills of nebraska.. Don't get my wrong I love my K1500 but for a family car that turns better then the tahoe you can't beat it i don't think.. it's really the only ford vehical I like..

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

Reply to
sidewinder

My parents have a 2001 Eddie Bauer Edition Ford Expedition. Its a nice vehicle, the 5.4 Liter V8 only gets 13 or 14 mpg, but if you own a vehicle like that, then you obvisouly can pay for it. I have nothing bad to say about it. Except, its been through 4 transmission in less then 100K miles. The first time they took it in to have it checked, the dealership said that the tranny was shot, they wanted to fix it, my dad said f*ck that, I want it replaced, they said fine. He cam back a few days later, they had another brand new Edpedition off the lot, pulling the transmission out of it. He asked them, what are you doing with that, they said we're putting that in your truck, then we are going to fix the one out of yours, throw it back in the one of the lot, and then ship it off to another dealership. But I dont have to many bad things to say about ford, my second choice other then a chevy, it would be a ford. They really care about their customers, and when they have recalls, they go out of their way. The new powerstroke was having problems. So ford bought a undisclosed amout of trucks back from their customers. No car company has ever done that, unless they were forced to by goverment. So, I dont think the edpedition is bad, but the Chevrolet Tahoe is much nicer, and holds it retail more. and you say the taho is more expensive, the sticker price came to 48 grand on my parents edpedition.

Reply to
Kiel Uyttenhove

I drive a 99 silverado z71. My wife used to have a 2000 Eddie Baur Expedition. I absolutely hated that truck. The suspension was too soft and I hated the way it handled. The sunroof broke at least 6 times. When there was only 1000 miles left of the warrenty and the sunroof broke again, the service guy said that he would fix it but it would probably break again. Thats when I traded it in on a 2002 z71 tahoe.

I will say that I test drove the LT tahoe and hated the suspension. Both the LT tahoe's and the eddie baur expedition's ride reminded me of an old cadillac. The 5.4 on the eddie baur didn't have any guts either.

I guess a lot of people who buy these trucks want a cushy luxurious ride. I have always prefered a stiff suspension that handles well and doesn't bounce the hell out of you when your off road. I like the z71 tahoe almost as much as my silverado.

Disclaimer: this was an the old style expeditions, the new ones may be better as I have not drove one.

Reply to
Erik