Expedition

The wife is wanting a SUV, and although I would really rather get a Suburban, she thinks it is too big (and I think the Tahoe is too small with a 3rd row seat). Looking at Expeditions and they seem a nice compromise. Two issues that I see, both engine related. The Ford motors seem to be down on power from the GM counterparts, and the gas mileage seems very low. Now I know not to expect 25 mpg, but you should be able to get better than

12-14. Everyone on my side of the family drives Suburbans and love them. My sister-in-law had an Eddie Bauer 4x4 Expedition and liked it, but it got between 9-12 mpg!

What kind of mileage is everyone else getting out of the Expedition? And longevity?

The size (and price) is right with the Expedition, but am worried about long term issues.

Thanks,

Troy

Reply to
Troy

Just bought a 2003 Expedition and am quite happy with it. Have gone only 600 miles and so far am getting about 13-14 mpg in town. Matt

Reply to
Matt

I owned a 1997 and drove it for 149,000 miles and was very happy with the vehicle. It was running great when I traded it in for a 2003 Exedtion. The 2003 has been even better. The gas mileage is around 16 mpg for combined city/highway use (5.4L 4x4 3.73 gears). You should join the Expedition Owner's Mailing list. See

Regards,

Ed White

Troy wrote:

Reply to
C. E. White

Troy, we've owned 3 Expeditions; all EB editions, 97 4.6L, 99 5.4L and

2001 5.4L. My s> The wife is wanting a SUV, and although I would really rather get a
Reply to
BigKen

I went from a 2001 Dodge Ram P/U to a 2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer and am very happy with the switch. Although being a tried and tru "Chrysler Man" for 25 years now, I drove Expeditions while I was a police officer and was surprisingly happy with them. The new Expeditions are even better riding!

Since mine is brand new I only have 2700 miles on it. I am currently getting about 14 mpg in the city and 19 on the highway with the 5.4L but that is being VERY light on the gas pedel. Normally I can get 13 mpg around town. My Dodge had a 5.9L and was about 11-12 around town.

Our police Expeditions went about 80-90K before we auctioned them off and were still in very good shape.

PS

Reply to
PS