Re: 95 Suburban A/C and Vents

Check for a vacuum leak under the hood that feeds the AC/heater switch.

95 Suburban 1500. Had the compressor replaced about 3 years ago. > Recently it's been idling rough when the A/C was on - made a mental note to > have it checked out soon - but now it's obvious that it wasn't soon enough. > > Last night, while driving home from another town, I noticed the AC wasn't on > anymore. Didn't mention it to my wife, I thought she turned it off since it > was around midnight. Today I noticed that the A/C button was on, but it > wasn't running (Engine was idling smoothing ). Figured that the > compressor blew or something. But then I noticed that the vents wouldn't > switch if I turned the knob - I only had air coming from my feed - no > dashboard air - no matter what position I turned the knob to. > > How could these two issues be related? I checked all the fuses. > >
Reply to
Scott M

Do you have any clues as to where I can find this switch? I have no repair manual.

Thanks.

Reply to
CadFactor

The verdict is... AC Control Module. $526 for parts + $120 labor.

How does this sound to the experts?

Reply to
cadfacto

for a control switch. Does it have some kinda fancy climate control? Does it not use a vacuum switch in the dash like most cars?

control module for your year and model. Let us know what they say.

Reply to
Scott M

The switch I'm talking about is connected to the knob on the dash that says "Max, norm, bi level, heat, ect. Usually they are fed by vacuum from the engine. I dont know for sure on your truck though.

Reply to
Scott M