Re: Air Conditioning conversion?

On the subject on replacement refrigerant other than 134A, MOST auto parts manufacturing companies WILL NOT warranty any AC part that shows signs of any refrigerant other than R-12 or R-134A if returned for warranty replacement. This came straight from my parts supplier just last week.

Reply to
Brent Popp

With a refrigerant sniffer. All refrigerants leave traces in the oil and internals of the system. If they find a refrigerant not authorized to be used in their product they will reject the warranty claim, then your parts supplier will be on YOUR ASS for HIS money back.