Re: Automatic windows working....sometimes?

Hi all,

> the front passenger side window in my 92blazer likes to stop working at the > worst times. > I'll start her up and drop the window. Sometimes it will go all the way > down, other times 3/4 down. > 2-10 minutes later, ill try again and, if lucky, the window will go all the > way down. Most times I'll have to > repeat the process to get the window open wide. > > Any ideas? > >
Reply to
sidewinder

Had similar problem with my 94 Jimmy, so it could be the motor is failing, or the regulator arm is binding. Mine was motor failing.

see

for some info

--reed

Reply to
Reed

snip

Yes I did my own. I would say that no specific experience is needed. Removing the inside door panel is probably the hardest thing to do for first time until you realize it is OK to break the 10 white "clips" that hold the panel to the metal door frame. They are cheap enough to replace. Next would be punching and drilling the original rivets. Re having a shop do work, depends whether your time is more or less valuable than theirs.

--reed

Reply to
Reed