Automatic Windows Up Module?

I installed DesignTechs Lights On! module so headlights automatically turn on and off in my 2000 US Focus ZTS and I love it... I was wondering if anyone knew of any aftermarket modules that could be used in a focus to have the windows all close automatically after you turn the car off... or if anyone knew of a mod to have the windows operational without the key in the ignition?

TIA

--Mike

Reply to
Mike S.

That sounds interesting Mike. Sort of like Ford's "Autolamp" system, is it? Could you give us more details? What was involved in the installation, and what did it cost?

Rob

------------------------

"Mike S." wrote ...

Reply to
Specter

It's pretty cheap only $50... here's the site...

Installation really wasn't that complicated... they have the manual on the tech support site, but you have to register... it's under Home Product Manuals then Lights On! 20012... or if you don't want to register email me at m i k e @ r i s n y . c o m (no space) and i can email you a copy of the pdf.

Anyone know of any auto window roll up modules that'll work on a focus?

--Mike

Reply to
Mike S.

I'm in the UK and on my second Focus. The first, a 1999 Ghia 2.0l, would automatically close any open windows by keeping the door lock button on the remote key fob pressed for about 3 secs. My current car, a 2002 Ghia 2.0l (the face lifted version), does the same to close the windows but will also open all the windows if you keep the door unlock button pressed for about 3 secs. Useful in hot weather though living in the UK I don't tend to use it much :-) Give it a try, the US spec cars may have the same feature.

--Graeme.

Reply to
Graeme

:>I'm in the UK and on my second Focus. The first, a 1999 Ghia 2.0l, :>would automatically close any open windows by keeping the door lock :>button on the remote key fob pressed for about 3 secs. My current car, :>a 2002 Ghia 2.0l (the face lifted version), does the same to close the :>windows but will also open all the windows if you keep the door unlock :>button pressed for about 3 secs. Useful in hot weather though living :>in the UK I don't tend to use it much :-) Give it a try, the US spec :>cars may have the same feature. :>

:>--Graeme.

Damn, no such luck here in "hot" Arizona. US spec 2001 Focus SE Station Wagon and 2002 Focus ZX5, neither of which worked trying your trick. Knowing Ford, it most likely involves plugging in an undocumented relay somewhere to activate it. :-)

HOT ZX5

:>

:>On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:25:24 -0400, "Mike S." :>wrote: :>

:>>I installed DesignTechs Lights On! module so headlights automatically turn :>>on and off in my 2000 US Focus ZTS and I love it... I was wondering if :>>anyone knew of any aftermarket modules that could be used in a focus to have :>>the windows all close automatically after you turn the car off... or if :>>anyone knew of a mod to have the windows operational without the key in the :>>ignition? :>>

:>>TIA :>>

:>>--Mike :>>

Reply to
zx5

I also tried it on my U.S. built 2000 wagon. No joy. Too bad - that would be a handy feature.

Rob

Reply to
Specter

Ditto for my US 2001 wagon. Darn it!

Reply to
Tony Wesley

================================================ The auto shut facility is only on vehicles with electric windows on all four doors. Mike.H,

Reply to
Mike.H

My US 2001 wagon has electric windows on all four doors. I assume Rob's does also.

Reply to
Tony Wesley

---------------------------------------------------------------------- I stand corrected. Definitely on UK Ghia spec. cars with all electric windows. Could the parts be sourced from UK and retrofitted to US spec cars. Try your local "friendly" Ford dealer. Mike.H.

Reply to
Mike.H

------------------------------

My local dealer isn't quite so friendly, we're no longer on speaking terms, and they have a restraining order against me : )

Rob

Reply to
Specter

Yes, my focus wagon does, in fact, have four electric windows.

Can you imagine what a great car the Focus would be if you could combine all the available features into one car? My first picks would be the Euro front end and the German Automatic Climate Control System.

Rob

From: "Tony Wesley"

Reply to
Specter