Worth replacing engine?

I have a 1990 2500 4x4 with a cracked block. IS it worth repairing? What should a 350 5.7 v8 cost to replace?

IS the truck worth anything dead like it is?

Thanks

Reply to
CS

Where are you located? I am looking for a new toy...and your's sounds right. Any vehicle is worth only what a buyer is willing to pay for it.

BUT try

to get an average price for a motor. Trucks, especially 4x4's in good condition keep thier value fairly well, especially in the north east where a 4x4 is gold. mmmmm would make good plow truck...........

Reply to
Eightupman

My truck had a new crate 5.7 put in it. cost something like $1800.

Reply to
Troy

Worth replacing engine? Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Fri, Sep 26, 2003, 10:43pm From: snipped-for-privacy@charter.net (CS) I have a 1990 2500 4x4 with a cracked block.

(qst. A) IS it worth repairing?

(qst B) What should a 350 5.7 v8 cost to replace?

(qst C) IS the truck worth anything dead like it is?

Thanks

------------------------

CS, answers to your 3 questions.......inline

(A) NO

(B) Mute point

(C) NO

Reply to
Scribb Abell

Worth replacing engine? Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Fri, Sep 26, 2003, 10:43pm From: snipped-for-privacy@charter.net (CS) I have a 1990 2500 4x4 with a cracked block. IS it worth repairing? What should a 350 5.7 v8 cost to replace? IS the truck worth anything dead like it is?

Thanks ================

CS,

as an addendum to my first reply...........

I'm on my way over with the Roll-Back to pick her up and get it out your way........... no charge for the tow away......

oo L O

scrib abell

Reply to
Scribb Abell

"Scribb Abell" wrote

Uh...that would be 'moot'.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

"Scribb Abell" wrote ...Mute point

Uh...that would be 'moot'. Ian .........

you fergits i'm typing on a tv set..... a "mute" point.... is entirely possible.....

but....... considering the thread, I guess it's a moot point to discuss it.

Scribble Abell

Reply to
Scribb Abell

Thanks for everyone's reply- there is nothing worse than posting and everyone turns mute.

CS

Reply to
CS

Chuck,

Around my part of the world, a local shop will install a rebuild for around $1500.

Kyle

Reply to
KB