3.3 motors

I recently purchased a 93 T&C for work purposes. Unfortunately the weak springs both broke and I replaced them with a H-D set that really raked the van. Two days later I had what appears to be a oil starvation failure of a rod. I now have a windowed block and a frozen crank. Could I have uncovered the oil pick up with the rake. Also what years and out of what models can I get a 3.3 to replace it with.

Are all year/model cars/trucks 3.3's the same?

Reply to
hellshighway

I would get a 3.8. My 91 New Yorker 5th Avenue has it. Same hp as the

3.3, but more torque. Gets 23mpg around town, 30 on the highway. I was under the impression that most vans did use the 3.8.
Reply to
sctvguy1

If you do that the Engine Computers and some other things have to be changed out. Most vans use the 3.3 as it has a chain timing gear rather then the belt used in the 3.0 or 3.8. I am impressed with your gas mileage. I know of no one else that can get those nice high numbers. Do you work for Chrysler's PR department? I didn't do that well with my

1986 2.4 Turbo'ed New Yorker. I have used a number of their minivans for business over the years and I put upwards of 300,000 miles on them before octaspieling them.
Reply to
PaxPerPoten

My engine has a timing chain, not a belt. No, I do not work for any PR dept. Look at posts from people who have the 88-93 era Chrysler cars, i.e., Dynasty, New Yorker, Imperial. I drive conservatively, yes,I use the A/C(live in FL). I get the MAX 23 sometimes around town, but no lower than 21. I got the MAX 30 on the FL turnpike with the cruise on and the A/C running. In my opinion, these cars are excellent. As for BAD mileage, my 2003 and 2005 PT Cruisers would only get around 17 town/25 on the highway. It had the 2.4, one had the 2.4 Turbo. I was disappointed with this mileage. I use synthetic oil in all my cars. My wife's 2010 Avenger gets around 27-30 around town, and has gotten 35 on the highway. I had two Dodge Darts, one 64 GT and a 70 Swinger, both with 225 Slant Six. They regularly got around 20 in town, and around

26/27 on the highway. Driving habits vary, but I have found that Chryslers get the short end of the stick when it comes to mileage figures from auto reporters. My daughter and son-in-law both have new Ram trucks with the HEMI V-8. My daughter gets around 20 around town, and with cruise, has gotten as high as 25(in OK running on gas without ethanol). Even my 1941 Windsor gets 20 on the highway with Fluid Drive, but only 13-15 around town.
Reply to
sctvguy1

oh boy! love that turn pike during love bug season!

Reply to
Rob

Selling the grill nets is a big business down here! If you wait too long to get them washed off, they become like superglue!

Reply to
sctvguy1