'97 Cirrus charging system question

I just had to re-charge the battery on my '97 Cirrus (6-cyl size 75 battery). My question is if the car's charging system will charge the battery while idling or does the car have to be running at cruising rpms for the alternator to kick in.

Thanks.

Moe Noodleman

Reply to
Moe Noodleman

It should be charging at idle under normal conditions. The exception might be if you were running every accessory possible and had a high power amplifier for your radio system.

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Thanks for the reply.

Reply to