Question about '97 LHS alarm system...

Hello, I recently purchased a '97 LHS and received no owner's manual. On the dashboard there is a red led diode which flashes when I close the door and lock the car with keyless entry. Is this an alarm system or something else?

If it is, is there any way to test it if it works?

I tried shaking the car and forcing the door but nothing happens :)

Reply to
Visen

Roll the drivers window down. Lock the car with the fob. Open the drivers door by manually unlocking the lock through the window and open the door. It should blow the horn and flash the lights....

Reply to
Sam Man

My 1995 Eagle Vision has this. There are no "Vibration" sensors. The only way the alarm is triggered (to my knowledge) is when a locked door is open. Do what the other guy said: open all the windows, close the door, lock them, then WAIT approx 15 seconds. This is the amount of time the alarm takes to arm (you can watch the flashing light, after it stops flashing fast and starts flashing slow, it is armed). MANUALLY unlock a door (pulling up on the lock), then open it. Alarm should sound. To disable it, unlock the drivers door with the key.

Also, a good place for a owners manual if you want one is eBay. I have found several on there.

Hope this helps :)

Nick

Visen wrote:

Reply to