Compression results on 2001 2.7L V6 (Intrepid)

Anyone have any compression test numbers on a 2.7 L V6 they can compare with these ones. I did the test this afternoon after discovering my long lost compression tester (missing for 20 years).

Engine has 237,000 Km ( 147K miles ). Engine was at full operating temp.

From the front : Left Side Right Side

187 185 175 183 185 175

Manual says 100 psi minimum; no more than 25% variation. These numbers certainly meet all that. I'm curious whether my numbers are typical, lower than normal or higher than normal.

Thanks...Phil

Reply to
Phil T

Phil, Is your vehicle having a problem or do you just have to much time on your hands?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

Killing time while waiting for the cooling system to cool off in between drains and re-fills.

Reply to
Phil T

maxpower wrote: >Well that would be a good reading, No I cant give you something to >compare to >

Thanks anyway Glenn. Just a gut feel, but they 'looked good' to me too based on experience from many years ago. I wouldn't expect many average users to know or ever need to know what the compression in their engines is.

Phil

Reply to
Phil T

You're trying to bait me into making more Jiffy Lube remarks aren't you! :)

Bill Putney

The bait was in place Bill!! LOL

Glenn

Reply to