Creeky stearing!

Hi, I need help from you nice people on this site......

I have a creaking noise coming from my steering. The vehicle is a 1997 Chrysler Voyager LX used in the UK.

This problem started on a trip to Rome when it got up to the region of 35 Degrees C.

Now whenever the weather is fairly hot/warm I get this creaking noise from the steering box as I turn the steering wheel. Cold/cool weather = no noise.

I friendly mechanic tells me it's coming from the sealed steering box and I should take the vehicle to a main dealer.

This sounds expensive, can anyone shed some light on what's going on???

Reply to
Who?

Well - that cuts out about 90% of the potential help that you could receive. :)

Check condition and tightness of serpentine belt.

Bill Putney

Reply to
tim bur

A squeak type creek was cured when I had the fluid flushed.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard