Why no french peopleon this site

I am surprised that there is no French on this site. I have Ford Mondeo and I will like to exchange ideas. But nobody...

Reply to
alain geoffroy

probably because they are someplaceelse???? as they dont speak english...??????

Reply to
jim

I'm sure thet there are French here, posting in English.

Reply to
Childfree Scott

I've seen the occasional Quebecois post in French. They are here.

Reply to
Rapid Rick

Hi, salut !

May be it's because this group is in English and only in English that few French people write there. Why don't you try the french forum "fr.misc.automoto.mecanique" or this one "francom.automobile" ? There you could share your ideas and why not in English...

Those who post here often own US FoMoCo cars

Patrick

76710 - Montville - France '89 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 5.0 L '73 Mustang Grande 351 C 2V

alain geoffroy a écrit:

Reply to
Patrick Blondel

You should just surrender to the newsgroup and post in English, unless you want us to make fun of you for being French.

Reply to
Childfree Scott

Out of topic, but it's just an answer.

Hi Childfree Scott

You wrote : "You should just surrender to the newsgroup and post in English, unless you want us to make fun of you for being French."

Try that in a French Group ! Writing in French and if you can't in English ... Why not ? You'll see you are still welcome.

I am quite surprised when I read such answers. Is it because of the recent past problems between your President and mine ? If it's the reason, your answer was out of topic. I have a lot of friends in the USA and in the UK and that war has not broken our friendship and when I see what's happening now I am happy that our relationships are still strong.

If you need somme help about a problem treated in a French Group and you are not sure to know the good words in French we accept the foreign languages as English, Spannish... and if one of us understands and can answer, he answers. So I suppose that many Frenchs as many Americans do not know a foreign language but they try to communicate and I do think it's the best idea.

Sorry for the mistakes. I learned English at school... 35-40 years ago (but I try to write often in English) I expect you'll forgive me. And as I respect the chart of the group I write in English (or I try).

Now for ending, I own two American cars, ('73 Ford Mustang Grandé and 89 Mercury Grand Marquis) and when I need some help about these cars I have to go on an American News Group as this one (There are not many American Cars in Europe). The language of the group in English, it's the rule. I can write in English so I can have help. Imagine I don't know a word of your language, I'd be obliged to ask a friend to write for me or find a book translated into French (that doesn't exist or almost).

May be should I have to burn my cars because they are American and refuse to speak or write in English ? No thanks !

Sincerely

Patrick (From France in Europe)

Childfree Scott a écrit:

Reply to
Patrick Blondel

Because nobody likes the French anyway

Reply to
Rex

Rex a écrit :

You mean YOU or American people by nobody ?

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Blondel

If we're not liked by anybody, and if that includes you, get the f*ck out of the NG.

Oh...I forgot...you can't leave the NG because we have the info you need. HAHA f*ck you.

Marc

Reply to
Marc

American people

Reply to
Rex

"we" have the info you need? I've never seen a useful post from you yet. This isn't a frenchie NG is it?

Blessings to the guys that do spend their time on the NGs to help others.

Reply to
Rex

Rex a écrit :

Do not hesitate : look at this forum. It is not French but Belgian.French language is required but everyone is allowed to write in another language if he can't write in French and won't be ignored or rejected.

You will see that American cars are appreciated though you say that "nobody likes the French"

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Blondel

Rex a écrit :

That's true. But I read the posts and that's useful for me.

I do agree and I wrote it yet

No problem, if I can help you.

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Blondel

Marc a écrit :

Hi Marc

Thanks for your proposal, but I don't need that. I do not remember I wrote something offending you or American people. So why are you so aggressive ?

Fortunately some Americans are friends of mine.

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Blondel

As far as I can tell, the people who hate the French the most are Americans, Canadians (outside of Quebec), British, Swiss, and natives of former French colonies. Others, like those in the Netherlands and Australia, don't necessarily hate the French but still enjoy poking fun at the French just the same.

Reply to
Childfree Scott

I would not even consider posting into a French group unless I could do so in French. Trust me, if I really wanted to insult the French in their own newsgroups, I would figure out how to do so in French.

I've hated the French since the 1980's. And as to why, I think you already know that nobody like ingrates, cowards, or surrender monkeys. Don't you get the TV shows "Married With Children" and "The Simpsons" in France? Or do they censor out the parts where they make fun of French in these TV shows there?

Reply to
Childfree Scott

Childfree Scott a écrit :

Childfree Scott I live 300 km far from Netherlands, not far from Swiss, have good relationships with the West Sussex Local Education Authority (England). Sorry I don't see the same things as you. And you sait too :"I've hated the French since the 1980's. And as to why, I think you already know that nobody like ingrates, cowards, or surrender monkeys. Don't you get the TV shows "Married With Children" and "The Simpsons" in France? Or do they censor out the parts where they make fun of French in these TV shows there?" Here in France with have no censor and we can get some US channels too but you do not get Europeans channels, it's a pity for you because American People are note alone in the World.

If you watch at the TV you'll see that France is organizing something great for the 60th Anniversary of the Normandy landings (I live in Normandy). We do not forget what Amrican troops made for us. But do not remember what French troops made to free American from the British power. Of course it's far now!

As we are out of topic now I shall say : "The game is over" as said your President. But if you want to answer me my email address is not false.

As you can read my English is not perfect but I'm 56 now and I learned your language at school in the 60's-70's. But I'm proud to be able to answer to someone who doesn't speak my language and though you seem to hate Frenchs I consider all Americans are like you and still correspond with my old friends over there.

Sorry for disturbing the group. I stop now and won't answer here. I'll not have a blink on this group as often as before now.

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Blondel