1997 Plymouth Voyeger SE

THE ANTI-THEFT ALRM WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO START THE VEHICLE. THE BATTERY IS UP AND CHARGED THE ROMOTE WILL NOT DE-ACTIVATE THE ALARM - THE KEY TURNS THE IGNITION BUT WILL NOT START - NO SOUND AT ALL. CAN THIS BE DE-ACTIVATED MANUAL OR BY A FUSE. PLEASE ADVISE THANK YOU

Reply to
PJK

IGNITION

Please don't use all caps,it looks like you are yelling! it probably isn't the anti theft system,if you turn the key and have no lights no sounds nothing then the battery is either completly dead or not connected. if it were the anti theft it would have all the lights and bells and whistles,it would probably start and run a couple seconds and die,anti theft turns off the fuel pump.

Reply to
TNKEV

Is the battery in the remote good? I had this happen to me once. I changed the battery in the remote, and I was able to deactivate the alarm.

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
kmatheson

Ifr you know for sure that it will not disarm, try unlocking both passenger and drivers doors with the key from the outside, lock it and then unlock it with the key, then try to see if it disarms.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

i would bet it's a dealer added alarm since the factory one shuts the fuel down

maxpower wrote:

Reply to
tim bur