GV 2003 3.8

Can transmission codes be read by a obd II scanner or does it take a special scanner ? I had AutoZone read the codes for the engine, but I wasn't sure trans.codes are read via the obd II connection also.

thanks

Reply to
ncs

Transmission codes require a special scan tool and are NOT stored in or read by the OBDII Engine Computer System.

Any reputable transmission shop should read the codes for you (if any) for FREE. It took my shop less than 5 minutes to do, and they did not charge me. Any shop that will charge you will likely gouge you as well.

hth

Reply to
NewMan