Is there a way to read OBD-II codes without a scanner?

The 96 T-bird has had a check engine light on for some time, I was told years. Is there a way to get the code without plugging in a code reader? I could do it on a 95 GMC, but I dont think I can do it without a code reader. True or False?

Gracias,

Chip

Reply to
Chip

96 was the changeover year on almost all cars - OBD-1 you can short the pins and get the "Blinkenlights" codes, OBD-II you need the scanner. There are cheap OBD-II scanners out there for under $50 that will pull the basic codes.

-->==

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Reply to