Programming remote for 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan

We recently bought a 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan. It was manufactured for (and originally sold in) Canada, and then imported into the US. It came with 2 remotes, but only one was working. I followed the procedure in the owners manual to program the 2nd remote, and it began working, but now the original one no longer works. Is there a reason why this would happen? Are they perhaps on two different frequencies? Is there a way to make them both work at the same time?

Thanks, Trevor

Reply to
Trevor

When you program one remote you have to program all of the others with it. Each time you program one you wipe out the others unless they are done too. Just try it again.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

John Kunkel

Thanks. I'll try it again. One more question: the manual says I can only do this 4 times. Since we bought it used, I have no idea how many times I have left. Is there a way to reset it? (We're actually waiting to try again until we can get a hold of a couple more, so we'll have extras in case it won't allow us to do more later.)

Thanks, Trevor

Reply to
Trevor

The cell for my year vehicle is blank on this TSB :-(

But from what I have read in my Owner's Manual and from other info I've found on the web it appears the other procedures in the same row for different years are similar/identical.

John Keith snipped-for-privacy@juno.com

Reply to
John Keith

Trevor I don't think it says you can only do it 4 times, I think what it says is you can only program up to 4 fobs, if you have 5 and program it. It will drop one off leaving you with only four.\

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

I have recently purchased a 2k2 grand caravan unfortunatly it came without remotes, I want to purchase and progam a couple I am led to believe that I need to have a remote in my possestion before I can program new ones, and I will have to visit the dealership is this correct?

Reply to
thekrienkes

I Believe on that year you need 2 programmed before you can do the third or the dealer must do it for you. The max you can have is 4. before you buy the remote make sure the vehicle is equipped with RKE. If you give me the last nine of the vin# I can tell you.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

That's the same year I have. It only takes one remote to program another. It does take two keys to program another key.

- Trevor

Reply to
Trevor