remote programming 2002 sienna

I need to add a remote to my 2002 Sienna ce. I have the remote, I'm wondering if there is a step by step instruction somewhere. the owner's manual is of no help. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
parklights

For what it's worth, some sellers on Ebay sell programming instructions for various remotes -

as I recall the usual price is $3.95, and they send you the instructions by e-mail.

since most programming is quite different, (for example, the program for the remote on my

Avalon (2003) is different from earlier and later models), and it is different from Camry's remote,

so be sure to get the right program for the Sienna and the right year. .It involves a lot of turning

the ignition on and off several times, opening and locking the doors, (and maybe uttering some

incantations?) , holding down on the proper button on the remote as you're doing this. It's

meant to be a complex deal, and helps Toy dealers sell their services for lotsa dough, although

it only takes a few minutes.

Reply to
mack

Have you tried reading your owners manual? ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

yep, he already said in his post that the owner's manual was of no help. (Probably it simply says "visit your Toyota dealer....yada yada")

Is YOUR owner's manual of any help in this situation?

Reply to
mack

Reply to
parklights