new website for aac

You might have read it in
I have some problems with my old host (fastwebsites.com aka namecow.com) and I can't resolve that. I want to continue promoting this newsgroup so I have found a new host
and a new domain name. DNS is slow so if the link doesn't work, try again tomorrow. This is your new website: www.aacity.net
I someone knows how I can get *my* domain (www.aacit.net) back from those Canadians without giving in to ransom, let me know. I have a lot of work to do, for you. Mail everyone that links to www.aacit.net and request to update their links. Some help is much appreciated. If you have a Citroen related website please consider including a link to www.aacity.net
Oh, and it's still as boring as it was before.
Enjoy.
--
d:Johan; Certifiable me

Click -[ HERE ]- to continue.....

Hi Johan, on your page you provided some links for people to learn how to access usenet newsgroups, and you asked for assistance to find appropriate links for users of other languages.
The german users should klick to http://news.individual.de /
This is the largest independend newsgroup server for Germany, it is run by the staff of the Technical University Berlin. Unfortunately they have stopped providing this service for free to the publc. Non- scientific use is now charged with 10 Euros per year - which I find very reasonable for the good service.
If anybody is interested: Another link, it shows my Xantia at the stellite relais station in Raisting/Bavaria
http://www.photosphere.info/page-0002.htm
Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance
Message i.d.:< haute in die Tasten:

I forgot. I know Individual as Cis.dfn. I'll change that. Thanks.

Great picture. I tried "frank kemper"in google pictures. It came up with your hybrid Xantia/ BMW picture as #1. But that links to the old website (that is not available anymore).
--
d:Johan; Certifiable me; http://www.aacity.net

[18 lines]
Message i.d.:<

Had a message from Namecow.com afa Fastwebsites.com. <quote> Your domain has expired, and very soon it will be in redemption, on July 11/05. At that time it will cost $250USD to bail your domain out of Internet Jail. At this moment the cost is $9.95 USD. As a courtesy we are informing you of your options. If the domain is important to you. We suggest that you arrange for payment asap. </quote>
What should I name it randsom or hyjacking? Are namecow.com and fastwebsites.com realy blacklisted by credit card companies?
--
d:Johan; Certifiable me
http://www.aacity.net

"Your domain name has expired, and very shortly we'll be able to get our paws on it. As soon as we can, we'll register it ourselves then try to sell it back to you. Alternatively, you can give us some money now to prevent us having to spend any money ourselves."

"Extortion"?
If they are, that tells you ALL you need to know about if they're good people to do business with.
Adrian wrote:

I don't get it. $9.95 seems like a fair price to keep a domain, as long as it's not something they charge too frequently. What do others pay for them?
Most of you know I don't keep up on all the technical aspects of this stuff, is Rowdy being extorted, and if so, what can he do?
--
dvus

dvus wrote:

Adrian has it pegged.
No, $9.95 is pretty much the going rate ... but he needs to get it paid ASAP as it's in the 30-day redemption period. What they are threatening is, as he said, to buy it up if 2Rowdy doesn't pay it off on time, then charge him whatever they want to buy it back from him. IOW, they're squatters making a bet that he'll want it ... but they are warning him.
He doesn't need to deal with them; he can reg. it elsewhere, with any registrar he wants to use, for that same $9.95 likely ... but the squatters *will* grab it if he doesn't move to save it.
-- DE
Message i.d.:< gurgled happily, sounding much like

You made me look it up :-)

I can't pay them. Unless by international money order which I won't. My credit card, internationally accepted, is not accepted by them. Odd.

No. They have locked it and only they, and no-one else, can unlock it. My new, Belgian, registrar has tried it but couldn't. That's why I have registered the new name, like the old but with a litte twist at the end.

Canadians. Good people, but sometimes a bit strange. <you are not looking Zoe, are you? >
--
d:Johan; Certifiable me; http://www.aacity.net

[rest of sig scrapped due to foul language]
2Rowdy wrote:

(substitute anything you want for "anything")
Message i.d.:< inspired me,

They are willing to unlock it *after* they have received a money order of $10.
--
d:Johan; Certifiable me
http://www.aacity.net